THE PRACTICE OF PREVENTIVE LAW:
Identifying & Avoiding Problems Before They Arise
Attorney Matthew J. Hunter draws on his 15 years of legal experience in a variety of disciplines, and his extensive professional experience, to provide legal services that identify and prevent many legal issues before they arise. This approach is typically more economically and certainly more responsible than merely waiting for something to erupt and then responding. Mr. Hunter takes a practical and sensible approach that looks at matters from an efficiency and cost benefit perspective, which is often overlooked by others. These factors must play into the dynamics of the decision-making process and, in the long run, a preventive law approach is both more efficient and effective. It is in many respects akin to the old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
But rest assured, when legal issues do arise, Mr. Hunter is a formidable adversary and skilled advocate who takes your cause to heart while providing aggressive representation consistent with the clients’ objectives and resources. If litigation ensues, Mr. Hunter’s extensive experience is invaluable. Clients throughout the Palm Springs vicinity and Southern California have found Mr. Hunter to be :
- Experienced — Matthew’s fifteen years of legal experience, and his many years of professional experience, developed into an appreciation of what is truly required to accomplish a set of objectives and how to implement the strategies to accomplish those objectives – always being mindful of the risks and rewards of litigation. Matthew believes that litigation under most circumstances can and should be avoided, both because of its sheer cost and expense, but also because of the uncertainty involved. At times, however, litigation is the first and only choice available and under those circumstances choosing the right litigator is essential. At other times, however, litigation is the choice of last resort, and a rush to the courthouse could prove extremely detrimental to one’s position.
- Dedicated — The Law Offices of Matthew J. Hunter is dedicated to you from an advocacy perspective, from a preventative law perspective, and from a personal perspective. We take prudent and comprehensive steps at the outset of any estate plan, business deal or real estate transaction to avoid future litigation where possible and to put in place contingencies for our client should any conflicts arise. We believe that the law often requires scalpel-like precision while at other times requiring something more like a hammer. We understand the intricacies of each method and recognize when either option will be useful or counterproductive.
- Determined — As your legal counsel, we can only be effective if we have the same determination as you to succeed. We are determined to understand the goals for your estate plan, your business, and of any chosen path of litigation. We work closely with you to get to know your dreams and aspirations. Our attentive service enables us to address your legal needs at a granular level now and in the future, while never losing sight of the overall goals and objectives.
When you retain the Law Offices of Matthew J. Hunter, we commit to detailed planning and precise implementation of strategies designed for your success. You should expect nothing less.
Core Legal Services
Our Palm Springs law practice addresses the needs of businesses and individuals. Our main areas of focus are:
- Real estate — We represent landowners, commercial and residential landlords, commercial and residential tenants, buyers and sellers, brokers, real estate agents, and mobile home parks, in a variety of real estate transactions, evictions, and court/arbitration actions.
- Business law — From the formation of your business, through the life of your company, we provide reliable business advice and counsel and work to resolve any issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Estate planning — Our emphasis on developing well-thought-out strategies pays dividends for our estate planning clients, who are looking to protect their assets and pass them efficiently to their heirs, while also providing for their own well being in the future. A well thought out estate plan can prove essential.
- Civil litigation — Although through the practice of preventive law we work hard to avoid many causes for litigation, certain disputes are inevitable and sometimes lead to litigation. Our practice encompasses negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation of cases arising from business, real estate, landlord-tenant, wills and trusts, personal injury claims and employment discrimination matters.
- Probate & Trust Administration — Probate and Trust Administration oftentimes require the guidance of a seasoned attorney. Navigating the world of probate or trust administration without proper guidance can be problematic because of the many pitfalls that await.
No matter the legal issue, you can rely on our firm to take meticulous care and work diligently to produce a favorable result.
Contact our Palm Springs law firm for comprehensive legal service
For experienced management of all your legal needs, trust the Law Offices of Matthew J. Hunter. We are conveniently located at 2825 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Suite 202, Palm Springs, California 92262. Call (760) 600-5796 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.